Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I stand under the darkened sky, like a pebble on the shore.
Alone, I linger there as if I were apart of the scenery, yet separate as well.
Like a single fish in a barren ocean, is as I am unto the sky.
I am a lone beacon, blasting through the darkness, yet I carry no light.
I am a gray in the blackness of the storm.
Can you see me? You know that I am here.
Yet I cannot find myself amidst the blackness of the storm.
And maybe, I do not wish to be found in the comforting arms of the storm.
Like a hug from a lover in the darkness of night, is the storm to me.
The harsh winds may howl but, they do not bite.
No, they caress me as a lover. Like a lover’s strong arms it holds me gently.
I am silent in the storm. For it drowns out all of my cries.
As I stand alone in the midst of destruction, like a boy in the thick of battle.
My hands are bloody with the fight and yet no more than others.
They cannot see me in the aftermath of battle, for I am also bloody.
I am invisible to them, in the darkness of the storm.
I stand alone as a single star in a black space that cannot twinkle.
I do not shine amidst the darkness of what? Of nothingness…
My light is useless, alone in this storm.