Sunday, October 24, 2004

Pumpkin Patch Poo-Poo

Yesterday we were on the hunt for a pumpkin patch. I knew where one had been but, apparently last weekend was the last week for them...They were no where to be found. I was extremely disappointed as were the children. So we ended up stopping by a local garden center who had plenty of pumpkins and the children rejoiced. I got three fatties and the children picked out "baby pumpkins;" they were actually the baking pumpkins but they were kid sized.
So our little outing wasn't completely in vain. At least the children were happy but, I was disappointed. I was so hoping to get some nice pictures of them wandering the pumpkin patch. Oh, well...Next year I shall know not to wait 'till the week before Halloween weekend. It's perplexing, as you would think this weekend, being the weekend before Halloween weekend, would be their best selling weekend. Hmmm...Maybe it's just me.
Oh well, enough of my pouting...Halloween is only a week away! So much to do...So little time! We're going to carve up the pumpkins this week...So that they are in good shape for Trick-or-Treat night. I'm just so excited...I can't stand it. My little sister and I are going to go "ghost hunting" or at least try to find one of those "haunted trails" tonight. Whee-hee! I can't wait!
My husband just doesn't want me to have nightmares but, like I told him...It's the months of creepy haunts...That's when you're supposed to be scared!