Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Turkey Day! ( click here to listen to some Thanks Giving songs...the Turkey song is at the bottom of the page!)

Today is the day that we give thanks for all of the blessings God has given us. Starting with the Pilgrims who came over on the Mayflower and continuing on with each passing generation. If it had not been for the Indians, who showed them how to use their land to bring up crops, they would have failed just as the earlier attempts at colonization had. Though this country started out rough and somewhat barberic in it's ways of early hostile take over, it is really no different than the early beginnings of most of the Europian countries. Ours has always been a country holding onto the strings of freedom and we have truly come a long way.

I am thankful for:
-the roof over my head
-my two beautiful, al-be-it some what spoiled, children
-having a fridge with food in it, even if it's not always what I am in the mood for
-my husband who is my shoulder to cry on, arms to hold me up, and strenght behind me
-my friends who are always there when I really need them
-my family, even though some of them drive me mad, some people don't have anyone
-having clothes that keep me warm or cool all year round
-my education, some will never have the opportunity that I have
-for being alive and in decent health
-for my wonderful in-laws, some may never be as lucky as I am