Thursday, December 30, 2004

EVIL

When I was very young I remember the end of some old black and white horror movie. That's all, just the end...Yes, it made that big of an impact on me.
There was this girl (I think) sitting in a spinning chair holding a porcelain clown and as the chair spun slowly around and you were blind to all but the back of the chair...You hear a "shing."
The noise sounds familiar but, you don't place it until the chair makes a complete circle and you see the girl with her neck slit and an evil smile of the porcelain clown.
Then such movies as: It, Evil Clowns From Outer Space (or what ever the fuck that scary ass shit was), Polterguiest, and even Halloween came out and thus enhanced my phobia.
It has always been with me and I can only sit and wait for them to kill me when approached by the evil painted men.
After I had my daughter, I got on at Norman Regional Hospital as a Flex/Float Aid. This meant that I was trained on every floor and went were ever they needed me. I loved it. I like doing different things at work because it breaks up the monotony and tediousness of the normal "routine." My supervisor loved me as well and I had certain floors requesting me. The really "head-bloating", "pride-swelling" thing about that is when you work at a hospital you don't remember names...Even the weird ones like Devona. You remember the room number and the name is on your report sheet along with the information you need to know. And you definitely don't remember staff names unless you work with them on a regular basis or have to know it (as in it's the boss's daughter or for that matter the boss). So when it came time for my evaluation and my supervisor went to the floors I had worked he didn't have to remind them of who I was. They all remembered me and had only good things to say. I had the highest rated evaluation of a Flex/Float Aid that they'd ever had. (Yes, damn it...I'm proud of that)
Hmm...Sorry, got side tracked...
So I was up on the 3rd floor in TCU (pretty much the nursing home floor...Not one of my favorites) and I was waiting at the nurses station to get my report from the off-going shift (bitches) and it touched me. IT TOUCHED ME!
I turned around to find myself face to face with a clown................
I couldn't move! Really, I wanted to run...I wanted to scream...I wanted to shit my pants and I could only stand there and sweat.
It asked me if I was feeling alright?! LIKE IT ACTUALLY FREAKIN' CARED!
I tried to swallow or nod my head or SOMETHING. I was frozen like a deer caught in head-lights...I was stuck awaiting my demise.
Then, what must have been divine intervention, the activities director came up to the EVIL KILLER CLOWN (who I suspect was really the angel of death in disguise...Not a good thing to see in the hospital...a bad omen if you wish). She merrily lead him to a patients room. I made damn sure to note the room they had entered and steered clear of it till I was certain the THING was gone.
I had to go out on break early and I smoke about half a pack of menthols in 15 minutes...It was horrifying!