Monday, January 24, 2005

My Weekend...Nothing spectacular, yet--it was

I finally got to see it. RUN DOWN I think is the name of it. Does it really matter? Come on, it’s got The Rock in it! Names don’t matter when you get to stare at the lovely manliness of The Rock! Damn, him and Triple H are why I watch “wrestling.”

Dwayne, Dwayne, Dwayne…why’d you get married? I was waiting for you! But, if you and The Rogue Wit want to fight over me…that’d be okay too (or who has to even fight…ya’ll could definitely share me! Oh yeah, baby!). *cough*

So—the movie WAS very good. Rogue Wit even enjoyed it. It was so very funny but, I wish The Rock hadn’t got his ass kicked by those monkeys (although, I nearly wet myself it was so hysterical). If any of you haven’t seen it, you definitely need to check it out.

Anyway, I didn’t do much this weekend. Well, that’s not completely true. I did a lot and got did a lot; the house is even nice and shiny from the dual cleaning effort. So, I can sit and sip my coffee this morning and do the little everyday chores that must be done.

I had planned on getting up before the butt-crack of dawn (to head to the gym) but, as I am out of sleeping pills…I was awake on and off ALL last night. I hate staring at the ceiling for nearly an hour. Oh, well…I see the doc tomorrow and I’m going to be sure and tell him about it. You can guarantee it!

I did get the back study “kilzed” so that this weekend we can do the base coat of Jupiter Orange and then do the cloth-sponge finish in Burning Orange. I LOVE ORANGE! Everything is going to be in my colors! Sage green and soft oranges, I believe it’s going to be very rich and warm. Yes, I know I’m crazy. I took psychology (made “A’s” in all of them—high school and college) and I know what that’s supposed to say about a person. I think it’s hog-wash though. LOL, because I am not now, nor have I ever been completely crazy…just slightly.
We’ve also mapped out the desk that Rogue Wit and his Dad are going to build in there. It’s going to cover two walls and meet in the corner, with stair-step shelves that go down into the corner and three floating shelves IN the corner. I know it’s hard to envision but, it’s actually going to be really beautiful. It will be a WONDERFUL feature when we decide to sell this house and build our own (in about 10 years).
Building it is going to be cheaper and better. His Dad is an awesome carpenter and came up last night to take some measurements. It’s going to have to be done in a couple of stages. As long as I have an actual desk to use when I start the actual nursing program in the Fall (fingers crossed). The desk has got to be able to house both of our computers, Rogue Wit’s swords, my Bur-Bur Skink, my class books, the two printers, and all of that other crap that the Rogue Wit has acquired over the years. We also want it to look nice. Not only that but, it has to be affordable. Thank God, we’ll be getting our taxes done in a few weeks and we’re poor w/kids so we should get a good size back. After we pay off the AC unit and get a new fridge (before ours dies) then we’re using the rest of it to finish that room! LOL, that’s the plan anyway. We’ll see, we’ll see…You gotta have a plan, right?