Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Day In The Darkness Of My Mind

Are you out there? Help me find you.
I see a light that’s black. It only reflects the onyx pools.
A single drop of blood falls in deepest midnight. I am torn.
I feel my wound. But do I bleed?
It is not my blood. It is someone else’s life force leaking out.
Salvation. Damnation.
Something in between…
Are you out there? Help me find you.
Dancing flames behind your eyes beckon me. Call me.
I am torn. I am wounded.
I do not bleed as you. Is it an offering?
Why do you stare? Looking beyond my skin,
To something…my soul?
I cannot see you…a black light in dark night.
Are you out there? Help me find you.
Figment that you are, my wish, my creation…
Dark lover that you are, can you help me?
Am I prey? Or am I more?
I am not of the night. Nor am I of the light.
I’m waiting. But you do not come for me,
As I fade into…