Monday, October 25, 2004

Creative Pumpkin Pail Ideas

We all have at least one or two of those cheap plastic pumpkin pails from Wal-mart.
And what do we do with them?
If our kids use them for Trick-or-Treating, that's one thing but, I find that even my 2 and 4 year olds want new ones each year. Of course I give in because, well, I can get two of them for under $2...So yeah, why not.
But now I find that I have six of them and my children don't even use them for Trick-or-Treating. They're too heavy for them to carry once they get filled up with candy so I've got them SpongeBob Halloween sacks (38 cents each at Wal-Mart...You have to love Wal-Mart).
So here are some ideas to make those cute pails useful...
-they make a really cute fruit basket
-they are great for a catch-all (everyone has a spot where the family just piles crap...This is a perfect way to hide it when company comes over)
-obviously, they are perfect for candy and cookies
-add some sand and some silk flowers and they are a great center piece
-fill them with water, add dry ice chunks, and place them around your house or outside for some spooky fog
-add a flashing pumpkin light in them and they make perfect night lights or double as a jack-o-lantern
-fill them with spicy-cinnamon-apple popouri to add a nice Holiday flavor to your home
-fill mostly with sand and add some of that smoke-be-gone stuff to the top and you have perfect ash trays for an outside party
-add sweetened condensed milk, pineapple juice (chilled), orange soda (chilled), and scoops of orange sherbet for a perfect Halloween punch