Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Our Halloween Adventure

After talking with my friend Peg from Peg’s Pen, I’m feeling really good and decide to take the kids on a “Nature Hike.”
That’s what it was intended to be but, it turned out to be “Halloween Adventure.”
We walked around a few block and were picking up leaves to bring home. As we were walking I pointed out each house that had Halloween decorations. This soon became a game with my little ones. My daughter and son were singing the Ghost and Pumpkin song as we saw ghosts and witches and pumpkins and bats and scarecrows. For those of you who don’t know the Ghost and Pumpkin song…well, I don’t either, it’s a song that my daughter made up about happy ghosts and pumpkins and her brother tries to sing with her. It was very cute. Every time we passed a decorated house we pointed out the decorations and the kids made, “Muh-ooh- ahh-ahh” noises.
By the end of our little walk, we had several brown crumbly leaves, a cheerful Mommy, and two very happy little children. All in all, I’d say it was a beautiful day in out neighbor hood (hehehe).