Friday, December 17, 2004

SAME SONG...You be the judge

Okay, first off...Whoever decided that children should have loud and noisy toys should be
strung
up by their ass hair and have their pubic hair meticulously singed off in a slow and torturous
manner.
My daughter has a elephant shaped keyboard that her lovely Grandparents picked up for her
at a garage sale. You have to love garage sales. And the damn thing works...Quite well, I might
add.
One of it's features is the ability it has to play a different song depending on which key you hit. I
get to listen to my daughter sing such lovely versions of "My Bonnie lies over the ocean" (to
which she doesn't really know all the words), "Mary had a little Lamb", and many other of my
favorites. The thing that gets me is it plays "Twinkle twinkle little star" which my daughter
knows all of the words to and until I recently figured out what was going on it played the
"ABC's" song.
I know what you're saying..."So." Well, try singing the two of them real quick. Sound similar?
Now grab a partner and each of you sing one or the other at the same time.
It's the same damn song! Here I was thinking wow...It plays the ABC song but, I'm just
retarded. My four year old was smart enough to know it was the same song but, it took me a
little longer.
I have mentioned that I am blonde, right?
The one thing I want to say is...If you can't make original music to go with the damn song...Don't
use an old jingle for a new one. It's the same thing when I hear Barney (which my kids are not
allowed to watch) singing "I love you...". You know that has just ruined my old favorite, "Knick-
knack patty-whack, give a dog a bone...". Again, it's the same damn song! And Barney has
ruined it for me. I don't even like the "Old man came rowing home" song anymore because, I
can hear that gay purple dinosaur singing about how much he loves me in the back of my mind!
...I guess it's time to take my psycho pills...