Thursday, July 29, 2004

No title...so the poemster doesn't feel left out...Tee-Hee!

Harvest time is coming
I feel it in the air
Though it is not close enough
 I see it sitting there
And feel its breath
Upon me, as I stare at Heavens bliss
I sit and wait, not silently
My voice echoing in the mist
Neal down on her blanket
Set your voice adrift
Fall will hear you calling
Her entry with leaves-a-falling
And you shall hear me calling
My voice echoing in the mist

It’s been raining here for days now.  I suppose that is what has me in such a good mood.  It’s like my skin, my energy, my very soul stirs with electricity as each drop of rain falls from the sky.  Rain is a very moody weather.  Most find it dark and depressing, but that is because they don’t know my secrets.  The rain’s secrets.  They don’t feel the vibrations in the storms.  The music as the wind howls and the soothing caresses as the rain drums on the soft soil.  I can almost hear the earth rejoicing as its thirst begins to slake.  I can smell autumn in the air!  Halloween is coming!  My favorite holiday!  Now don’t go thinking I’m some sort of Wiccan-witch-devil-worshiper…far from it.  Halloween is just a time when adults and children alike can pretend to be someone different.  The air is filled with a spookiness that makes us smile…and maybe gives us a good scare.  I can smell the pumpkin seeds as my mind conjures up memories from Halloweens long past.  I’m so excited.  Halloween party at my house…you’re all invited!  Just remember costumes are required!  I think I’ll be Velma from Scooby Doo this year; my daughter wants to be a mermaid.  Does anyone have any idea of what they’re going to be this year?  I’d love some ideas as people keep asking us what they should dress up as for this year’s party.  Let me know…I’m already starting to decide what new decorations I’ll be getting and putting up.  I’ll have to take pictures of the place when it’s finished and post them for everyone to enjoy. 
PS…
Thanks to all who wished me luck…I feel I did well on my finals.