Wednesday, July 21, 2004

*Giggles* I'm going to be an Aunt...again!

Wow!  I’m just so excited I can hardly stand it!  My step-sister is pregnant! 
I have been feeling worn down and sick with a head cold for a few days.  My class this morning was going to watch a video that wasn’t even going to be tested on…so I missed class and took a benedryl to ease my aching head.  I was lying next to my husband thinking about getting up and starting the day, when the phone rings and decides for me.  I answer and my step-mom asked how I would like to have a new cousin for the kids to play with.  I have to admit, I wasn’t completely awake and it took a minute or two for it to register.  My step-sister is going to be a wonderful mother.  I know she’s wanted kids for a while.  Wow, just wow! 
They were calling to get the name of my doctor and that kind of thing.  I was and am still in shock.  I think it’s ebbing though, because I just can’t quit smiling.  My kids have many cousins, but they never get to see them.  Mostly because my side of the family can’t stop arguing to get along for five minutes.  That and they’re all much older than my kids and aren’t very interested in playing with a 2 and a 4 year old.  This is just so wonderful.  My step-sister isn’t going to be able to get rid of me now; I’m going to be at her house all the time.  And…I fully intend to be doing some baby-sitting for her.  Wow!..I’ve got another niece or nephew on the way! 
I just can’t wait.  She just got married back around St. Patty’s day and they just got a house up here in the same town as me.  Headache or not…I am totally pumped. 
I wish her well and that God will bless her child and keep them both safe.  She’s a wonderful person and I’m very lucky to have her as a sister.  God, I can’t wait to go shopping for the baby.