Friday, July 16, 2004

Blue-tongued Skink

I was looking up pet lizards and how to take care of different types and I came across the blue-tongued skink.  I am just going to have to save up for one of these babies.  Isn’t he beautiful?  God, just love reptiles…and if my husband wasn’t so freaked out by them, I would have a snake.  Alas, I won’t push the issue…but he’s got to deal with lizards.  I have two annuls…thanks, impart to our friend—pitch4K (or whatever alias he’s using now).  I love my annuls, Aillen and Arawn, but they aren’t the kind you pick up and pet.  Annuls are small lizards that eat crickets and hide in leaves.  Easy to take care of, but they are fast little suckers and easily frightened.  Hence, I can’t pet them.  I talk to them like an idiot though…the same way I talk with my cat. 
So anyway, I can’t even remember how I did it, but I talked my man into letting me get a big lizard.  He knows how much I would just love another cat…or dog for that matter, so I can have a big lizard to pet.  Yeah!  I’m going to have to start looking for names for my soon to be pet.  I’ve got the tank and everything, but a water dish ($10) and a light bulb ($8). 
So…does anybody know any good lizard names?  That is, excluding God Zilla or Reptar.