Thursday, July 15, 2004

Cops can be fun

Okay...Wednesday at my government class we had a guest speaker.  Mr. Something (can’t use his real name), who is an Oklahoma City Police Officer.  I was rather surprised at his mannerisms.  One of my older brothers is a cop (same area) and he’s nothing like this man was.  My brother is very quiet and (for lack of a better description) proper.  This man was both funny and serious at the same time. 
Let me set the scene.  The class room is quiet, like always, and waiting for the teacher to arrive.  About 5 minutes before our teacher arrives the officer does.  He walks in with all the confidence of a King and sets his hand outs on the table next to his tag-a-long bag.  He then proceeds to set this giant BONG on the table and tells us we have just enough time to hit the communal bong before class.  Now, I’m totally freaked out and am laughing hysterically.  The officer smiles and lifts his hands saying that he was just kidding.  He just wanted to make sure that we were all awake.  After that, yeah, we were all awake. 
Needles to say, I now know how to keep from getting a DUI and know way too much about my rights as a citizen.  Who’d have thought that police officers could have so much personality?