Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Strange Dreams

I was wondering today. Pondering over a dream. Feeling a bit more myself today.
I dreamed that I was somewhere deep in a forest. A forest too beautiful to exist, with bubbling brooks and sparkling streams. I believe there was a small cascading fall near one of the ponds. Magical. Mystical. I felt as if maybe I walked with the faeries, yet I saw no other around.
It was a strange dream. I swear I could feel the thick moss on the bottom of my feet, like moist fleece socks. The wind felt cool on my face and in my hair. I was myself, but not.
Sometimes I was looking at myself through my minds eye…I speculate. Other times, most of the time, I was seeing through myself. First person.
I walked. Following trails and some sense of where I needed to go, I went. From time to time I paused to touch something: a smooth rock, the cool water, a velvet petal. My dream was so rich in sensations. I knew when I was where I needed to be. For I just stayed and breathed. And I breathed deeply. That was all.
I woke up wrapped in my husbands arms…safe and warm…loved. I lay there in bed for quite sometime before I found the strength to start the day. And I found the strength in his arms. I could breathe deeply in his arms.
Dreams are funny things. I very rarely remember one with so much detail. I recall only 3 other times in my life when I did. Even then they were more nightmares than a dream. I can’t shake the images from my head. So easy to forget them in the sticky fog that is “waking up,” but I remembered it.
So…what does it mean? I don’t know, but I am feeling more of myself today.