Thursday, July 08, 2004

Why...just why?

Well, I am officially the worst mommy on the planet. I got up this morning at 8 and got the kids up. I get them something to eat, a fresh drink, change my son’s diaper, put clothes on my naked girl, and search for something for me to wear when I get out of the shower. I have to leave at 9:30 to get to the college at 10am. I spend my morning at the lab reviewing for my lab test and then taking it. This took me to 11:15am. I now have about two hours before my class at 1pm. Knowing that I wouldn’t have time to go home and do much more than turning around to go back, I brought a book and stopped by to speak with a counselor.
Bla bla bla…yada yada yada…and some more BS. I got to see the counselor I wanted and was mostly glad to see her. Some of the classes I need to take are already full up after only 2 days of being open. She tells me not to worry, because they are going to try and start another of the pharmacology classes because the others were full. But she doesn’t know when they’ll open it or if it will even be opened. Bla bla bla…not to worry because I can just take an extra couple of classes that I’ll need for my BSN and Masters. I’m thinking, God, I’m already a semester behind from where I wanted to be because they added more classes. Now I have to wait another semester. I was hoping to start the nursing program in spring, but now not until next fall!
So anyway, my day is just getting better by the minute, right. So I go up to the third floor where my class is (taking the stairs, because I’m trying to stay somewhat fit for all the damn reading I’m doing). I go into my room with an hour still before my class starts. I pop my book out and start reading Maggie Shayne’s Two By Twilight. Part of her vampire series that I’m so fond of.
Now, I have to leave class about 30min. early to get back home so my husband can leave for work by 3:30pm which is when my class is suppose to get out. I have to stop by the store today as well and get more diapers, some milk, bla bla.
Okay, I get home right…the house is more of a wreck than it was before I left. The bed isn’t made and the only thing that kept me from loosing my mind is that the trash had been pulled. Well, dear heart leaves for work. *kiss*kiss*bye*bye*
Then it really starts. My son wouldn’t quit screaming, I found out why when I finished picking up the house and go to change his diaper. He has diaper rash, great. Poor thing, no wonder he wouldn’t quit. Then my daughter messed herself, which she’s really to big to be doing and then they both start fighting and just…just being a four and a two year old! I yelled at them and sent them into their rooms..."and the quilt washes over me." I am SO ready for bed!