Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Uhmm...No Title, not today.

Last night as I sit studying and then reading my new book as a reward for patronage, I couldn’t keep my mind from drifting. I love my husband and my children more than any language could ever hope to express. My thoughts were disturbing to me.
I found myself pondering the “whys” and the “sighs” that my life has so recently been filled with. True that happily ever after is hard damned work, but sometimes I wish things were simpler. Between the late hours studying and waiting for my husband to get home from work…to the long days of school and child rearing, I have no time for the things I love. I have found that rewarding myself with a good book after a long studying session makes studying not to horrid, but…just…but.
It’s hard to put my finger on the exact words, for it’s more of a feeling. A horrible tearing, really, right around my breast. No…I’m not having a heart attack, more of a heart ache.
Have you ever felt under appreciated? I know if there are any other mom’s reading this, then, yes. The only consoling I get is as I’m floating off to the land of nod. Don’t get me wrong, I am truly grateful for the tenderness of it. I just feel wounded. That’s it! Wounded. For all of my trying and all of my hard work, I don’t feel as if it matters to the ones that I wish it too. (Sigh.)
Now the question is: How do you heal a wound such as this?