Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Taking A Break

I'm always amazed by the stupidity of some people.  Or maybe it is their "brilliant personalities?" 
During closing arguments in my debate, a girl from the opposing side stepped up to bat.  Well, I have to admire that at least.  Few people have what it takes to get up and make an idiot of themselves.  I have never heard such a load of bull!  She totally misconstrued everything that was said and what was more her arguments were extremely weak. 
The topic being debated was the one I mentioned before...the power of the president in foreign policy.  She was of course on the "pro" side, who were trying to prove that the president didn't have enough power.  We were on the "con" side, who were proving that the president had too much power.  (LOL...I suppose I am a little biased)  We were using the constitution to prove the limitations of the presidents powers and how he abuses them.  Bla bla bla, I know you all don't want to hear the boring details. 
I'll get to the point.  At the end of her horrible argument she said, and I quote, "Now that I have convinced you that Bush needs more power in the foreign affairs thang...I know ya'll'll vote for him."  (Tee-hee...and some giggles)
Needles to say...I didn't have anything to say after that because I was amazed at what she had just spoke.  I just wish I could have tapped the whole thing...I will remind you all that I do live in Oklahoma and yes, some of us do have an accent.  Hers was the worst red-neck-hick-ti-fied one I have had the unpleasantness of hearing.  It made the entire thing laugh-a-ble. 
So I ask...how do you argue with that?
Anyway...back to the books...one more final test tomorrow!   Then I'm done for three weeks!