Monday, August 02, 2004

Of Daughters and Husbands

As I was preparing my daughter to go to her grandparents house for the night, we (the adults in the room) were carrying on "adult' conversations. Mostly, it was men bashing...my poor father had to sit shyly on the couch keeping his mouth shut as to not draw attention to himself.
Among the man bashing we were also discussing the baby my step-sitter is going to have. I'm so excited. My daughter is excited as well. She let Megan know that Megan was going to have a girl for her to play with. That's my daughter, very outspoken. Wonder where she gets it? *wink*
Well, my daughter then tells us that she is going to have a baby in her belly (also a girl, hehe). To which my reply was, "Not until you're 45, young lady."
My step-mother told her she had to have a husband first and I'm nodding my full agreement on that one. Apparently my daughter didn't like the idea, because she responded as such: "No! I do not want a husband!"
They learn so quickly. :)