Friday, September 03, 2004

Good Point

Recently in my American History class, my professor made a very good point. We were talking about politics and the like when he said, " I used to encourage my students to vote but, I don't so much anymore." When we asked him why, this is what he said.
"Well, a couple years ago when it was still the WWF, they were really trying to get people to register to vote. The wrestlers were involved in encouraging their fans. The problem I saw with this is that a poll was taken around the same time and it turns out that 80-something% of the wrestling fans actually believe the conflicts and scenarios that go on in the ring are real. And these are the same people that they are getting to register to vote. ...I'll just let you all think about that for a little bit."