Friday, September 24, 2004

Question?

So what is everybody's take on Halloween? Is it good or bad?
I know when I was in school because, it was a private "Christian" school that we weren't allowed to have Halloween parties. I guess that's why I'm so obsessed with it. I don't cast spells or anything like that but, I always dress up and watch scary movies and eat candy. I carve pumpkins every year. Last year I carved a picture of my daughter and one of my son. They were awesome! I'll have to find the pictures and scan them in.
I think Halloween is just an excuse for everybody to be someone or something other than themselves for a night. For kids it's all about candy and pumpkins...Maybe a haunted house. I remember as a kid, we would get some of our friends together and play haunted house in the garage. There was this dummy that my dad kept in the garage that was scary. We told ghost stories and revved the lawn mover up behind the dummy to scare our unsuspecting friends. I have so many good memories about Halloween. I hope my children will as well but, then there's all of this "Halloween is a satanic holiday" BS!
I don't know...What do you think?