Monday, September 20, 2004

The Night

Has anyone ever sat outside in the middle of the night and just…listened? I’m still having trouble sleeping and about 3:40 this morning I awoke and couldn’t get back to sleep. Usually I just sit up in bed and flip the channels until I fall back asleep but, not last night.
Maybe, it was because I had been outside earlier that evening taking pictures of the trees…I really don’t know. For, I decided to step outside.
The night was still so beautiful. It was so quiet. The only sound being the branches and leaves swaying in the cool night breeze. I hopped up on the back end of the Mustang and just sat. I admired the stars and wondered. Why is it I can’t sleep? I’m happy. I’m truly happy…or am I? I have two beautiful children who, even though they may be monsters from time to time, are wonderful blessings. My husband is almost perfect. I only say almost because, I don’t think anyone is perfect…but if they were my husband would be. He truly loves me for who I am and has never tried to change me. I can’t even recall anyone else I’ve been with who didn’t at least try to change my stubborn ass—unsuccessfully be it as it may. I nodded to myself…I am happy.
So why can’t I sleep! I got my husband an appointment to see our new doctor tomorrow for his blood pressure. He’s been out of his medicine for months now and we didn’t have insurance or could afford it until now…I intend to talk with the doctor about my problem while I am there. Hopefully, he’ll clock me on the head with something so I’ll get some sleep…I don’t care what he does at this point.
I sat outside for a while longer. My cat had come out and sat next to me. He’s such a good cat. We both sat on the car and enjoyed the cool night air. I do have to say when I came in about 5am I was able to get to sleep within a few minutes.
It was a beautiful night last night.