Wednesday, September 22, 2004

coffee

Ah, coffee.
That bitter liquid of early-morning life. That dark water in which I find my morning smile. It brings the days to life and makes the afternoons warm. The bitter-sweet smell of it is heaven to my senses. I love the way the white cubes fill up with its darkness, until the stain is all consuming. Sweet to the taste and now dark flesh I drink with satisfaction. I swallow this elixir of sunshine and wide eyes. I bath my tongue in it. I sing with satisfaction that today will be good.
Ah but, coffee, my dear friend our tryst will be short.
I cannot have this potion of light if I am to sleep at night. I will mourn the passing of my afternoon talks…of our afternoon thoughts. The morning is still for us but, we can go no further. No more afternoon delights are in our future. Do not be disheartened but, remember that dawn always comes. And I will be there mixing my favorite concoction and brewing it strong. I will enjoy your exotic taste all the more, as absence makes the heart grow fonder.