Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Happy Halloween!

The sky is growing dark
As we’re walking through the park
I hear not even a Lark,
A night of evil we will embark.

Shivers trail my neck and head
And I’m sure that neither of us said
Anything at all, as the tree before us bled
Something was out there…undead

The mist began to rise up high
I quicken my pace and watch the sky
And as I see a witch fly by
I do my best not to cry

The house is just a few steps more
I keep my eyes affixed on the door
And my lungs begin to feel sore
As I run from an unseen gore

At last, safe inside our solid home
It was then that I heard the phone
The other voice I heard was like a stone
It was then I felt very much alone

I tried to hide and not be seen
As the door opened and my friend did scream
I saw the edge of something gleam
As the monster said, “Happy Halloween!”