Tuesday, October 19, 2004

13 DAYS 'TILL HALLOWEEN!

I am reminded of the movie The Fog this morning as I look outside to see nothing but.
The cool air and the thought of unseen beings creeping close to my house completely undetected makes my hair stand on end and my flesh goose-bumpy.
I'm going to get some pumpkins this weekend and carve 'em up!
HALLOWEEN CAT COOKIES
1 tube (18 oz) refrigerated choc chip cookie dough
54 pieces of candy corn
1 can (16 oz) choc frosting
Red shoestring licorice, cut into 1-3/8 inch pieces
9 thin choc wafers (2-1/4 inch diameter) quartered
Bake cookies according to package directions.
Cut off yellow tips from 18 candy corns and set a side (discard orange and white portions).
Frost cookies with choc frosting.
Immediately decorate with two whole candy corn for eyes, a yellow corn tip for nose, six licorice pieces for whiskers, and two wafer quarters for ears.
Makes about 1-1/2 dozen.
{Taste of Home's Halloween Food & Fun}