Saturday, October 16, 2004

Haunted Hallow

I just turned 16 and my best friend Jeremy and I decide we wanted to go to Haunted Hallow. My little sister decided she wanted to go as well, along with this little preppie bitch that Jeremy hung out with. Oh well, so we pile in my mom's Geo Metro and head out to BFN.
We finally find a parking area and it happens to be at the end of the trail. This was a bad idea. Jeremy and his friend are freaking out because they just saw a dude with a chainsaw chasing some kids...so they decide they don't want to go. I still wanted to go but, not by myself. In the middle of the arguing my little sister gets up and decides that she is going to go by herself. At this point I get really pissed off.
I grab Jeremy and tell him that this was his idea and he is coming with me. His friend is crying at this point to I don't even bother with her. So we go pay our $7 a piece and go in.
It was a creepy and very dark trail through the forest. Jeremy was squealing like a little girl every time he heard something. I smacked him and tried to be logical.
"Shut up...they're going to hear us if you keep that up!" Well, I said I tried to be logical.
We do okay as the first monster we meet looked like he was from sesame Street. That boosted our confidence...bad mistake.
After we go through a man made cave we come out to see a little shack. We saw movement in the shack and decided we'd give the new monster a scare or a laugh.
"Hey, can we scare you this time?"
"Yeah, we saw you move in there...there's no use in hiding now!"
As we approach the little shack, still feeling our rising confidence, we hear it...
It was the sound of a chainsaw starting up. Jeremy doesn't even wait and pushes me towards the shack and takes off running. I was in such a stupor that I stood there for a moment being pissed off that he pushed me and left me. Then I remember why he left me and I turn around to see this guy wearing a hockey mask holding a chainsaw and he hits me in the butt with it (they had removed the chains so it would be safer). I didn't wait any longer and took off like a bat out of hell.
On the way through the rest of the walk we encountered several more chainsaw men. At the exit they had a group of them and one of the bastards actually knocked me down. I was pissed and adrenaline was coursing through my veins so I got up and turned to him. I started chewing him a new ass when my friend Jeremy (still screaming like a little girl) grabs me and pulls me the rest of the way out of the trail.
After we were about half way home we all had a good laugh...well, everyone except Jeremy's little friend whom we were teasing about being such a coward.
It was loads of fun...and I wish I could do it all over again.