Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Well, well, well...

Well, it appears that my bitch aunts realized that they might have to shell out some money if they stick my Grandma in a nursing home because medcaid doesn't pay for all of it...(shaking head). So my Grandma is going to come down here this weekend as planned but, she's checking in the nursing home until we retrieve her on Saturday...it's going to be a long trip-9hrs give or take.
I have to wonder about family. I could not imagine putting my family in a nursing home...and I hope I will instill the same into my children. I would never want to be put in a nursing home. It's just not the way it's meant to be. I know that most families aren't prepared or even capable of taking care of their own. I don't want anyone to feel like I am trying to put a guilt trip on them. Though, if you have a family member in a nursing home...when was the last time that you went to visit them? Did you know that if you don't visit regularly their health declines and most of the staff will over look them. It may not be intentional but the truth is that nursing homes are always...always understaffed. The fact is that my family is a medical family. My Grandma and her sister became nurses during the depression. My Mom, Dad, Step-Mom, Sister-in-law, brother-in-law, Older sister, and younger sister are all nurses. My older brother is a Nursing assistant as am I and I am in school to get my RN. We are more than prepared and able to deal with all of my Grandma's needs.
My Grandpa would be turning in his grave if he saw how they were treating his little woman. I just hope that this is the end of this crap.