Thursday, October 14, 2004

Halloween Safety and Other Stuff I'm Thinking About

We haven’t had the AC on in a few days. There hasn’t been a real need for it being that it’s very cool outside. It got down in the 30’s last night. I love cooler weather but, not cold. I don’t care of winter or summer but, spring and fall are wonderful…with an extra Wonderful attached to fall.
I sat on the couch under the front windows last night with my husband. We enjoyed a recorded episode of CSI and listened to the wind and rain outside. It was a beautiful night for snuggling under the covers. This morning the kids and I snuggled under a blanket and took a 15minute power nap…well, the kids had more like 20-25 minute nap. I woke up and was delighted to just sit holding my babies. I know in a few more years I won’t get that opportunity. God, they grow up so fast!
I was surfing the net last night and came across an interesting site. Looking back I should have saved the address but, hindsight is 20/20. The site was about Halloween (surprise, surprise) and it had a link on it about Saving Halloween.
Saving Halloween?! I had no idea it was in need of saving. Apparently, more and more communities are shunning the holiday and promoting it as being unsafe. The reality of the matter is that Halloween is not anymore unsafe than any other holiday. It’s a night of frights that’s for sure but, there have not been as many “tragic occurrences” as they would have us believe. If people would take responsibility where it’s due then we would have less happencess. With that being said, in the links bar is a Halloween Safety Tips Printable flyer. Halloween is just about pranks and costumes and candy…let’s not make it out to be more than it is.