Friday, October 15, 2004

All Things Halloween-ish

What is it about this holiday that brings out our dark side? Now, I didn't say evil and for good reason. As soon as you mention evil in the same sentence as holiday or more specifically, "Halloween" somebody has a religious cow. Hmm...Religion. (There's debate going on over at the college of cosmos about freedom that's leaning towards "religion" in case anyone wants to check it out.)
I found time to put spider webs up all over my kitchen and in the bathroom. I have ghosts hanging from the fan. There are pumpkins everywhere. I have skeletons scattered through-out the house and some scare-crows too. It's spook-tacular! I can't wait to take the kids our trick-or-treating.
Tonight is looking to be pretty good as far as the scare factor goes. I've got some good movies lined up. What I'm wanting to know is what is everyone's favorite horror movie...and why?
I'll start it off:
My favorite horror movie of all time, classic even is Halloween. It's slow and sets the mood. It's reminiscent of a Hitchcock film with some of the camera shots. It is gory but doesn't rely on gore to scare you. It doesn't need to...it has the mood set for an element of surprise and fear. It's a classic!