Sunday, October 03, 2004

(heavy sigh) Bad News

I received a call from my mother.
My Grandma is in the hospital. She broke her ankle in three places (it was twisted completely around backwards) and she has to have surgery. She's already been having blood clot problems (including in her lungs) and it is necessary for surgery or face more blood clots. Although, surgery will likely cause some as well. It doesn't look good, if she makes it through surgery she's going to be wheel-chair bound after this. -Not good-
My Grandma is a little German lady who has always been independent. If she looses that, well, she looses her will to live.
Surgery is at five this evening and I'll know one way or the other what happens. I just wish I could be there with her. Alas, I am in freakin' Oklahoma and she is in Illinois. I know that if she passes she'll be with Grampa. I'm just not ready to loose her yet.