Monday, January 24, 2005

FUN WITH SWABS

Guess what I did in my Micro-Biology class?

We got sent out with three dishes and three swabs. Our mission was to swab three people/places/things...Our preference.

My partner wanted to go into the bathroom. That sounded like a great idea but, I didn't want to get the same results. I decided I would go into uncharted territory. I ventured into the "MEN'S BATHROOM."

Gloved and armed with my swabs I charged in.

Knock knock!

"Hello!" Okay, so I didn't charge into the bathroom. I did however go into the grossest stall and swabbed it. Let me just say, you men are NASTY!

Would it kill you to pick up your used toilet paper and put it in the trash?

Ugh!

So, after I ran from the bathroom, I swabbed the mouth piece of the drinking fountain. (also very gross...I'm not drinking from one of them again unless I'm near dehydration)

Then I decided to just swab the bottom of my shoe. It's been about a year and a half since I've given them a GOOD cleaning. They were my old work shoes. And my last job was as a nurses aid at a rehab hospital. MARSA runs rampant around those places and I'm sure there is probably still some residue of something really nasty. I used to wipe them down with Microbial-disinfecting wipes when I left work. But...

We'll see what my swabs grow in a week!

Good stuff, Maynard.