Sunday, May 22, 2005

Heinous Anus

I attacked the kitchen today and won.
It was a hard battle and I had to call in back up.
But after seven hours of sorting through everything I came out a winner.

I’ve been watching way too many of those Home And Garden Network shows.
Or, so says the husband.
…Okay, so I have.

We went through all of my dishes, pots, pans, Tupperware, dish towels, utility/pantry, and appliances.
After we took everything out of all of the cabinets and after I cleaned the cabinets we sorted through my stuff.

I had to take several deep breaths and call for the Rogue Wit to come in.
You see, I love my dishes. LOVE THEM!
To me they represent my achievement as a good little Momma. I can’t explain it.
So I needed my hand held as I decided which of my pots, pans, and dishes to let go.
It was hard. It was so hard that some of them I discarded I then decided to store away because I couldn’t abandon them. I couldn’t!
We’d been through so much together.
I know their perks and quirks.

Then, like meth head looking for his next bump I cleaned my kitchen.
It’s been long over due.
I used to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floor and the base boards every few months.
I hate to even admit it, but it’s been about nine…maybe even ten months since I’ve done that.

…Okay you got me. It was a year ago and it wasn’t I who did it.
Rogue Wit’s best friend was staying here with us for a while and he’s just as much of a house bitch as I am.
I came home from my Anatomy and Physiology I class to find this boy on his hands and knees scrubbing my floor.

I even cleaned all of my appliances.
I’m just so proud of myself.
That’s what this summer off is for.
I made a promise to myself to clean this house and get it (and me) in order and I’m already half way done. YAY!
Hell, it’s only been three weeks since the end of last semester.
I had to crank up the radio the other day when they were playing Alice Cooper.

School’s out for summer!”

Yeah baby, yeah….me-ow!