Monday, August 09, 2004

I Will

On a broad piece of something,
Dancing in the night sky,
In the moon light
'Neath the stars,
In the cool night's breeze,
Laughter
Singing
Praise be to God
His wondrous creations,
Be us happy
Be us sorrowful
We will give our due thanks,
In the darkness
Of the moon
By which He provides light,
Running free in the woods
Through the meadows
In the fog,
Passed the rivers
To the ponds
Silver black,
Mirrored dreams
In the distant storm
As rain touched my cheek,
Far from my safety
Yet without fear,
Many hours from daylight
And the dew softened morn,
I dance of my joy
I sing of my glee
I dance,
Because I cannot be still
I refuse to be passive
Or let it pass by,
I will grab it
I will taste it
I will hold it dear to me,
I will run through the meadows
And hike up the trails
Enjoying God's creation,
My ship shall not sail
Yet will not be anchored
To a single space,
Space is boundless
Time is nothing,
I will jump in my bliss
I will fall in my triumph,
But I will be happy
I will be joyfull
I will be thankful
And I will dance!