Thursday, October 21, 2004

Oh Posh!

Well, I wasted $69 today!
Why?...You ask. Well, I'll tell you!
After waiting an eternity for the A/C people to get here...I was informed (after I handed over my check like a good woman) that it was, in fact, the compressor.
Okay...What does that mean?
After giving me one of those, you poor stupid woman looks, he proceeds to explain that he can't fix it and it needs replacing.
To which I hesitantly ask...How much?
To which he replies, oh, with parts and labor...Anywhere from $1500-&2000.
Oh, yeah...You know I just keep that kind of money stashed around for a rainy day.
...So here I sit...STILL in the freakin' heat!
It's the middle of October...It isn't supposed to get up to 90* outside.
But, this is Oklahoma...If you don't like the weather...Just wait a minute.
And that is precisely my problem...It could get even hotter or below freezing and we have no heat or air!
Damn it...At least it isn't July...I suppose things could be worse.
I'm going to call the bank tomorrow and see if they'll hook us up with another small loan. We should be in good standing with them seeing as how we just finished paying off our wedding rings a couple of months ago.
Keep your fingers crossed...I NEED A/C!