Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Well, my mom got another unit of blood last night. I think this makes five. They said that they had everything closed but, apparently there is another area they missed. They may be doing another scope. I don't know. She looked better last night. She probably has a little heart damage. They don't think it's serious though. They were talking about moving her to PCU today. I worked on that floor many times and I have a friend or two there who I know will take good care of her.
My cat came home this morning. It should be good news. I'm not sure it is though. He's definitely got a broken leg. It just hangs. I guess he got hit by a car and was stuck in a ditch. I combed burrs and twigs and dirt and stickers out of his fur this morning. He was just starving too. He keeps going back to the food bowl and munching. In the shape he is in it had to have been a hard journy home. I haven't seen any blood but, if he did get hit by a car it would be internal anyway. I'm calling my little sister (our family 'vet' {she's taken care of so many of her own animals that she should be a vet}) and I'm going to see what she says. Lord, I hope I don't have to put Dez to sleep. I know he's in a lot of pain but, I can't afford a trip to the vet at this point. Especially not if they are going to have to do surgery. I'm just keeping him comfortable at the moment.
My little sister and I got Grandma bathed and put to bed last night. She's doing fine. After we came back from seeing Mom we decided to get Grandma settled in for the night. I know I wanted to get home. The kids were already in bed when I showed up last night a quarter before midnight. My husband is being so great through all of this. I told him last night, "No wonder your having blood pressure problems. You married into my family."
I'm so ready for my vacation!