Thursday, February 03, 2005

Good Morning

"Mo-mmy...Mommy mommy mommy mommy. Ets muh sip-py cuhp...fill eht uhhp. Peeeeeees. Peees momm-mommy."

"Okay, alright, Mommy's awake."

My son had gotten up shortly after my husband left for work this morning and climbed in bed with me. Well, we had gone back to sleep but, about 8 he decides it's time to get up. Yeah, it was but it's so hard to wake your ass up twice in a short period of time!

Am I the only one who is like that?

Then I'm a total bear until I have that first (maybe even 2nd) cup of coffee. If I get up of my own accord I'm fine...Maybe even closer to a morning person. Yet, let somebody wake my ass up before I'm ready and I can rip their head off in under 5 seconds.

My son is a morning person. He gets up and is very cheerful and full of energy.

My daughter is NOT a morning person. I used to annoy the crap out of her by going in her room every morning singing the "good morning" jingle I made up. It was always met with, "NOOOOO, It's...Not...Morning....Time...Yet!" Ah, it never ceased to make me giggle.

But in recent months I've not been able to do that lest she be in a bad mood all damn day long! So I just open the door and keep walking now. That way when she wakes up and see that the door is open she'll get up when she's ready.

Her father (Rogue Wit) is like that too. I have to bribe him on the weekends to get up with coffee and something for breakfast (or brunch, depending on how long he sleeps in). I will admit that we all do sleep in till about 9-9:30am on the weekends. I know it doesn't sound like much but it's just enough for me and a lot more for my husband.

I get up at 8-8:30am and start the coffee. I then go around collecting dirty clothes and bed sheets and towels and things to start the washing. I unload the dishwasher, pull the trash if it needs it, and make beds. Then I turn on my computer and vacuum. After I have gotten the kids changed and settled in I then sit down to check my email, my online classes, and my blog. I have to get up on and off switch loads of clothes, mist my lizards and frog, feed the cat and let his lazy ass in and out, and take children to the bathroom. I also have to get up and stretch from time to time because two online classes can require a lot of sitting on my ass reading and typing. I do all of this by 10:30am. I am usually done with laundry by 1 or 2pm depending on what else I'm trying to get done. I know, I'm so exciting on the weekdays. But damn it it's hard to fit everything in if I don't get stepping.

My husband gets up at 6:30am so he can take a shower, take his medicine, and leave for work by 7:15am to be at work by 8am. That's too much of a rush for me. The year that I worked day shift (I hate day shift and have worked evenings and nights since I was old enough to have a job) I had to get up at least an hour and a half so that I didn't have to rush.

So you see sleeping in, though it may only be for an extra 30 minutes to an hour, is awesome!

Does anyone else have a "down to the minute" schedule or am I the only freak?