Sunday, February 13, 2005

Surprise Surprise Surprise

So, I know how much everyone has missed me. I would say I’m sorry for the absence but, I’m not…not in the least.

Not that I am not completely addicted to this blog thingy and am attention whore, to boot…it’s just the old man and I needed a day away. We needed a day without kids, without computers, without phones, without strict time schedules…a day to enjoy each other’s company and RELAX.

So, what did I do for my Valentine?

I booked us a night’s stay at the Red Stone Inn bed and breakfast. I made us reservations at the Haunted House Restaurant. AND…We went to the Omniplex to kill some time.
Let me just say…IT WAS SO WORTH THE MONEY I SAVED AND SPENT.




We couldn’t check in the Inn until 4 and so we had a little time to kill and stopped by the Omniplex. Damn, it’s been since Jr. High since I’ve been there. We are such a couple of dorks. But, we both love science! Rogue Wit loves the technical side and I love the natural side. We walked around and looked at most of the exhibits. We had to go in the shadow machine before we left. GOD I LOVE THAT STUPID THING! We are so going to have to take the children
.
The Inn was beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!

We walked around the grounds and were followed by the family dog. Choco was his name-O. He was a big lovable dog who didn’t like for us to pet the cats—AT ALL. When we arrived it was raining and a little cold but, being from Oklahoma, that didn’t bother us at all and we walked about outside without coats.

The Inn was built in the 1920’s I believe and the grounds were spectacular. The web site didn’t do it justice. Our room, the Remington room, was on the second floor facing the front of the Inn.
With the dark skies and the rain it was a perfect atmosphere for our adventures in “Haunted House Restaurant” land. This place was super fancy and very Scooby-Doo-ish! There were shadows on the walls, they had purposely peeled some wall paper in some of the rooms and made it look “old and haunted.” It was an actual house that was just turned into a restaurant. We were seated on the second floor next to a window. The view was awesome. This place was hard to find in the middle of nowhere at the end of a long scary road through a wooded area. It just screamed HAUNTED HOUSE!

Not only was the atmosphere gorgeous but, the food was delicious beyond words.

…And the valet was a nice touch too.

So when my husband and I retreat back to the Inn I had a surprise prepared for him. He walked back into the room and the bed was covered in rose-petals and there were chocolates and a bottle of wine AND his present. I got him a pewter dragon holding an Austrian crystal.
In the morning we woke to deep rich coffee and decided to sit out on the porch to enjoy. We walked around the grounds a little more and watched all the cats chasing each other. There were about 7 or so cats and if you stopped walking they were rubbing on your legs and mewing to get a pat or two. That is until Choco noticed and would chase them off.

I hated to leave. There was something about the beauty and quiet of the place. I smiled the entire time I was there.

So, yes, Rogue Wit was very surprised. He had no idea what we were doing when we dropped the kids off. It was wickedly wonderful to see the response from him when he saw all the work I put into preparing this weekend for him.

I’m such a romantic…