Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?

I feel compelled to explain a behavior of mine. Not that it is a bad behavior, just that I have been asked several times now "what it meant."

Wink: (verb) to open and close one eye as a signal or hint

I was upset that it didn't say more. Honestly, it is my second nature as I am very friendly. It's natural for me to pass by a door way and wink in on someone. This habit developed when I started working as a nurses aid. I have been one for a LONG time now so you must understand that I say many things with a wink.

"Hi"
"It's just me"
"Checking in"
"Glad to see ya"

The list goes on.

So for those confused as to my winking...Don't be. It is just my way of saying "Hello, I was here...Checking in on ya..."

It's not anything sexual or mystical or any kind of mischievous hint at something. It's just a polite greeting, like the head nod you give to someone you recognize or make eye contact with...In being respectful, acknowledging, and polite.

Cause, gosh darn it...I like people (except for the stupid one who are overpopulating the planet).