Friday, February 04, 2005

F&(&#%*&)!! Wal-Mart!

Yes, I AM grateful that they are open 24 hours!
Yes, I am glad that I can go and get toys, chairs, arts & crafts, and my groceries at the same place.

BUT DAMN!

Makes me think of the South Park episode about Wal-Mart.

Last night my son's night lights bulb had burnt out and somehow I had managed not to stock up on them. So I, selflessly gave him the bulb from my night light and declared that I would just head to wal-mart after we put the kids to bed and a new pack.
I left at 9:15 pm.

It only takes me about 10 minutes to get to the super-center.

It only took me about 10 minutes to get the few things I needed and some extra's.
(You can't ever just get what's on the list at Wal-Mart! It doesn't work like that)
While I was there I realized I hadn't gotten anything for my Step-Sister for her baby shower which is THIS Sunday...And I wouldn't have another opportunity to do any more shopping before then. Yet, it only took me about 10 minutes to get all of my shit because I know where everything is. And I don't fuck around at night because I don't see well to drive when the sun goes down.

Now, this IS a SUPER-FUCKING-CENTER. There are 28 check out lanes (and that's not counting the "self-check out ones") and only 4 are opened. FOUR! Four out of 28...You following?! And one of them was the "10 items or less" lane! (I had 14 small items) The problem with this is that "everybody and their grandma and their next-door neighbor's grandma's dog" were there.

So I wait in the one lane for about 20 minutes before I realize that the check out girl is waiting on a manager or assistant one. So I walk two lanes over to one of the other 3 lanes that are opened. There are at least 10 people infront of me. The line is so far backed up that we're right next to a group of Wal-Mart employees. Five of them who were just standing there "chit-chatting" as the lines get bigger.

Every few minutes you hear about 10 different pages for "the manager" or one of the other idiots who are supposedly incharge to go here or there.

I look over and all four of the "self-check out lanes" have flashing lights...Which means that they too needed someone to come help them. Now they are starting to back up.

Yet, does anyone open another lane?

Uh-uh...Nope, nada!

The tension keeps building as the lines get longer and the group of useless employees are still talking, giggling, and not doing a damn thing!

Then you hear a lot of yelling. I imagine it looking as if we were a town of prairie dogs...bobbing up and down trying to see what was going on.

At the front of the store this old hag of a "greeter" stopped this group of black men and asked to see their bag. Well, the alarm thingy hadn't gone off and the dude had his receipt in hand. Needless to say, he was PISSED OFF! I don't blame him. He started to yell about racial profiling and all of this other crap but, I would have to agree. There was no reason for him to have been stopped by this old cranky white lady. NONE.

So "the manager" appears seemingly out of no where. I can't believe my eyes as the manager is not old enough to drink. What the fuck! Yeah, well, you can imagine, the group of big black guys had this poor little white boy near tears. And after all of that is settled, he disappears again.

AHHHHHH!

At this point I'm near the end of my own rope. They still aren't opening a new register! And the guy behind me and I start in on those useless employees.

"Hey, isn't there some kind of policy for the number of lanes you have to have open for a certain number of people in line or something? How come no one is opening another lane?" --says I and the pissed off guy being me.

"I'm not a manager and I don't believe there is any kind of policy for that." --then she just ignores us.

So I says...
"Yeah, well it's nice that she can just wave us off because 'she's not the manager' and go back to standing there and gossiping like a stupid bitch. Yet, the rest of us still stand here waiting for our turn to be screwed over!"

She just looks at me and then goes back to ignoring us. That really pisses off the guy behind me, who apparently is a graduate of the school of chivalry, and he proceeds to tear them a new one for me. Thanks man, who ever you are. I also have to give this guy kudos because while we waited for an hour (no I'm not kidding) we got to do some real talking. He does the shopping every other week for his wife. He also told me that he was doing this week and next so he could look for something for her for valentines without her knowledge (though he was pretty sure she was onto him). [I can't send my man to the store...Hell, once I asked him for one thing...He went to the store and about 40 minutes later he came back with two bags full of crap and neither one of them had the one item I needed. LOL, he's never going to live that one down. ]

So when I finally reach the check out and am about to pay I look to the isle next to me and notice the same lady who was waiting on the manager or whoever was still there. DAMN! The check out girl is in tears because her register is froze up and she didn't know what to do (it was her first night and she didn't have anyone training her!).

I got home about 10:40 pm. Was it a full moon last night, I don't recall seeing the full moon?

Yeah, I'm going to speak with a manager about it when I go next. That was bull shit!

...Okay, I needed to vent, sorry.