Monday, February 07, 2005

My World

Ah life, and its infinite beauty. The millions and billions of people who make up our global community. Our “small world, after all.”

We form ties and break them. We are born and we die. The cycle of life continues on never pausing for us to catch our breath.

Where to even begin?

This is somewhat a personal post. Okay, mostly. (Alright alright, it IS.)

Don’t fuck with my baby sister!
(Sorry Smokey Smurf but, it’s hard not to get all protective and older sister-ish.)

The Good Guys:
1) I love my Dad and my Step-Mother
2) I love my Father-in-law and Mother-in-law
3) I love my step-brother and sister
4) I love my little sister
5) I love ALL of my brother-in-laws

The Bad Guys:
1) The rest of my family with the exception of my youngest nieces and my nephews
2) The stupid people (all of them!)


Don’t get me wrong, I love ALL of my family. It’s just that it is not enough!

Here I am, making a go at life and trying to give my kids a better outlook on life and a better chance of making something of themselves. I have some pride in that. I have struggled, but who hasn’t? Some of us more than others and yet we prevail against all odds because it means something to us. We have support of some kind. Any kind.

It is when you make your bed that you must sleep in it.
This is a shitty statement and yet, somewhat true.

The thing that is overlooked in this bit of knowledge is that no one said you couldn’t fix the sheets and sweep off the crumbs before you lay down for sleep.

There is no need to be juvenile and just give someone the cold shoulder. Be a man and step up and say something. This isn’t high school anymore…its life.

A lot of things went through my head as I was about to start typing this:
1) I should write some really shitty things about them!
2) I’ll expose the whole truth about the way things really are!
3) I can mention names!
4) I can berate them and/or make them cry.

The truth is I don’t think they are worth my stress…my time. I don’t give a shit. I’m too old to play the “he said/she said” shit. (Though I still love to be in on the juicy gossip! ..but that’s different right?!)

No one gives a shit about ya’ll anymore. Don’t you guys know that?

I will add this: I think it is beneath even them to ignore my children as they do. I am the one with the youngest grandkids and do they even try to come visit? (Don't start in with the "Well, you could bring them over just as easily" b/c no I can't and it's not about me or you it's about my innocent children) Well, if you said no then you could’ve won the prize…but I already ate the Godiva so sorry.

I say, “There is still hope for you. There is but, you won’t reach for it. No, you relish wallowing in the muck that is sucking you down.”