Monday, March 07, 2005

So What Do You Think?

Right, I have this friend (Yeah, I know...It's hard to believe but, some people actually really like me) and her and her husband are having "problems."

They're in the poor house like us. She works part time (she's an LPN) and he works as a delivery driver. Now, she's in school to get her RN just like I am so it's just a temporary poverty but,...Well, it's temporary. Her husband's job is crappy and he's just a big kid. He doesn't enforce "house rules" such as: bed time, groundings, dinner!...Things like that. On top of he wants to spend all of this money that they don't have on crap and then they can't get any groceries.

Well, needles to say she's in charge of the money management. I can totally understand that as I am also in charge of the money but, it's not because my husband doesn't think about the kids...he just doesn't take into thought things like: diapers, gas, medicine, bathroom supplies, kitchen supplies and that kinda stuff. Which, I am finding out, is a very common occurrence with men. I wonder if they think there are magic fairies who float around refilling the shampoo bottles and making sure we have TP. LOL

Damn, it I always get off the subject. Okay, well last week my friend's husband ('s unlces dog's sister's aunt...Sorry, lol) opened up a checking account with out her knowledge or consent. Second, he wrote a bunch of checks that ate up half of his paycheck with out her knowledge and consent. This means that she must go and stand inline at the food bank and beg for a few free meals for her 3 children. On top of this, she has congestive heart failure and has to take medicine for it...I'm hoping she will be able to pay for that.

They've gone to marital counseling before but, he doesn't want to this time. Personally, I think he's either gambling again or is making a move to leave. I didn't want to say this to her but, it's what it sounds like. Why else would he open a separate account and deposit his paycheck in there when he know's that his paycheck pays for all of the bills?

I've learned over the years that you can't give advice. You can't be judgmental. You can't interfere lest ye be blamed!

But, it sounds really fishy to me. I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling her to "Fuck 'em! You can do better without that bastard!"

If it was me, that's what I'd do but, it's not me. I had already told Rogue Wit when we got together that he would be my last serious relationship one way or another. If anything ever breaks us up...I'll just have to keep a few men on the side for when I'm feeling "lonely." I'm not going to get married again and I'm not going to "live" with anybody but the kids again. Does anybody hear me on that? Relationships shouldn't make us happy because they can't. If you can't make yourself happy then NO ONE ESLE CAN. I'm a firm believer in "No Rebound!" If you aren't happy being alone then you shouldn't be looking for a man.

I know, it's only my opinion but, I swear I've seen to many fucked relationships and it was all because they "didn't want to be alone." Most of the time if you're tired of being alone, well, you'll settle for the first or second thing that comes along. But, everybody knows they put the good produce way in the back...You just have to dig around for it...And the good ones don't cost anymore than the bad ones.

...Well, there's my "Oprah Moment" for the week!