Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Sniff sniff sniff

Another night of wonderfully graphic pictures of nasty bacteria caused diseases and lectures about the many different types and causes of diarrhea. Fun Fun Fun.

My micro-biology class is rather large and yet we were assigned a room that is oh so small. You really get to appreciate that old commercial: "Aren't you glad you used Dial?"

Well, I sit as close to the back as possible. Not because I am a bad student but, because I can get in and out easier. You see I have this giant tote-bag on wheels...And I LOVE IT SO. In it I carry everything I might EVER need, should a need arise. I also carry my lab coat and "powder free" gloves in it. So it is a necessity and I will not stop dragging it behind me. That, my friends, is why I sit near the back.

And it's been fine until tonight...

My professor is very energetic usually but, tonight she was sick. This made the lecture carry on and on and on...And really, how exciting can you make diarrhea sound anyway.

I'm sitting there taking notes and looking at pictures of gaseous gangrene. Nasty! The professor was in the middle of describing the smell when I swear to you...I could smell it!

The funk that hit my nostrils was stank enough that I went into an asthmatic coughing fit. And thank goodness that I do keep everything but the kitchen sink in my tote-bag because I needed some provental badly. My lab partner, who sits next to me in the lecture hour as well, starts coughing too.

It made it's way all the way up to the front of the class...And where else did it have to go in such a small room?

It was like someone had sprayed some pepper-spray in the room because as I looked around there were people coughing and covering their noses with their shirts...Some were even wiping away tears. Damn it was funky.

Then as the teacher started coughing an elderly man in the back of the room stood up giggling and left the room.

And I'm thinking...Was it him?