Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Reason # 174 of why it's next to impossible to study for a test with small children in the house:

Okay, so I have a test on Saturday...

A big freakin' test and I HAVE TO DO WELL ON IT!

So I'm studying from about 11:30 to now-ish for it. I have to listen to music (as it is for my music class) and be able to pick out different aspects of each piece.

So to insure my "hearing" the music I am wearing head phones. Yup, head phones but, I don't have the volume up very loudly because I have to hear the children.

So I'm listening to Bach, Organ Fugue in G Minor (Little Fugue) when my daughter comes up to me and says,

"Momma, what's Aiden doing?"

"I don't know baby girl, what is Aiden doing?"

"Momma, he's playing with soap."

"What?!"

DAMN IT...DAMN IT...DAMN IT!

So now I have learned my lesson twice over, right?

I guess so. Damn laundry soap...at least it's the poweder and not the liquid.

{The first person to say, "I told you so...and you know who you are!...is getting decked!"}

....so after digging him out of the HUGE pile of powedered soap I pop his hand, dust him off, pop his butt, and send him to his room. While my daughter stands behind me saying,

"Oh, tarter sauce, Momma...now I have to clean it up again."

"No, baby girl, Momma is going to clean it up. You need to go play b/c Momma is in a bad mood and I don't want to take it out on you, okay?"

"Oh, okay."

"I still love you guys."

"I love you too, Momma."

...that made it a little better...but I still feel like pulling out my hair...

I JUST NEED TO GET SOME STUDYING DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could manage but, they aren't running an all day Spongebob marithon today.

(sigh)