Sunday, May 15, 2005

All Lubed Up...

...and holding my breath.

Let me recap the events of this cursed weekend.

Friday (the 13th) I went to the store and came home. No big deal right?

Right.

Well, my husband was going to go play Magic with some of his old buddies. I was getting the kids out of the shower and dressed for the night. It was going to be a wonderful night of scary movies and a good vampire romance book. Storms were even heading my way. I LOVE storms.
So, I kiss my husband good bye and so did the kids and he leaves. I lock the door (chain and door knob) because I'm paranoid like that.

Five minutes later there's a knock on the door.

It's my husband. The van wouldn't start.

Crap.

Please GOD, don't let the car be dead!!!

After a phone call to the family mechanic (Rogue Wit's dad) it was decided that it is probably a short in the battery. *They think*

So Rogue Wit and I cuddle up on the couch and listen to the storm as it moves slowly along over head. I am kinda glad his got to stay home. I say "kinda" because I know he really wanted to hang out with his boys. It's something he doesn't get to do very often.

Saturday arrives and Pops (Rogue Wit's Dad...are you following alright?) comes by with a charger. Rogue Wit had taken the battery out of his 65 mustang and stuck it in the van, but his battery was dead. So after charging it for a few hours on low we started up the van.

YAY...WOO-HOO...YIPPY SKIPPY!

The van came to life!

The rest of Saturday was spent cleaning all the construction debris from the side of the house and getting ready for the BIG trash pick-up.

Then today...

The back yard is literally a jungle. I do the mowing and I haven't had the chance to mow since spring arrived because of school & the fact that we've had all the construction garbage blocking the side of the house. I donned my cut-off sweat shorts, a pretty revealing top, my working tennies, and my sun-glasses.

Well, the last time I was to mow the lawn the mower was having problems and wouldn't start. So I wanted Rogue Wit to take a look at it before I mowed. Sure enough...it's fucked!

After he called Pops again I'm still waiting. There's now a check list of things for him to try. I would borrow a mower, but really the grass in the back yard is near 2 foot. It was going to take me about 2 days to mow all of that shit anyway. And a new mower is NOT a possibility. We're fucking poor...DAMN.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!