Tuesday, May 10, 2005

...Not Off To A Good Start

I wake up early to the sound of my husbands voice.

"Baby, the boy is awake."

Damn it! So I grab the boy and make him lay down with me so I can catch a few more minutes of slumber. It worked at first...he had drifted off to...what ever dream land little boys venture to in their sleep.

Then I get up. There was a disturbance in the force. I looked over and...just as I suspected. The boy was gone. *sigh*

So I get up and go searching for him. I walk in the kitchen and my "Mommy" senses started tingling and I knew....before I walked to the laundry room...I KNEW!

*SIGH*

My son was on my washing machine and had dumped clothes in it...AND was in the process of dumping soap on them! Enough soap to do about 3 loads...BIG loads!

FUCK!

So after a few calming breaths and a mental count down before I could touch him safely...I grabbed him, swatted his diapered butt, and sent him on his way.

Damn, all I could do was reach in with my hands and scoop out as much excess laundry soap as possible and put more clothes in. So I started the washer.

~the bad morning had just begun~

In the middle of one of the washer's cycles I hear water.

I know you're saying, "But, Devona, washing clothes necessitates the use of water and there for you should not be so worried."

But, friends, need I remind you that we have plumbing issues!? And it was the sound of water spraying on the floor. So I put my history book down, get up, and wander over to the edge of the carpet and the tile kitchen floor.

Yup, it's freakin' WET!!!!

&#(#$)(&#$)_dladfkl@)#&8!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I bet you it's from all of the EXTRA soap my son was so gracious enough to use.......