Monday, May 09, 2005

Things I’m grateful for:

-My children
-My Dad, step-Mother, Mother-in-law, and Father-in-law
-My little sister, my step-sister, and my brother-in-laws
-All of my friends
-My house
-My health
-Hot showers (lol)
-Second chances (when I don’t deserve them)
-Tomorrow is my last final of this semester
-My summer break
-Sleep
-My wonderfully loving and caring husband
-coffee

Mother’s Day was wonderful! The husband let me sleep till 10am and brought me fresh coffee in bed. I sat there sipping my coffee like a contented cat being pampered and petted. Then it was off to the shower. Did I mention I like hot showers? They’re wonderful for your soul. I swear to you.

We went out with my in-laws for a Mother’s day lunch at Red-Lobster. My brother-in-law works there. He’s wonderful. He spoiled my daughter while we were there. She’s hard not to spoil.

My Mother-in-law got me a lady-bug treasure box. Ah, it’s so pretty! I collect lady-bugs and it will be added to my growing collection! I swear to you, I have THE BEST in-laws.
I missed out on my nephew’s dedication, but I had told them before hand. I don’t need a ceremony to make me pledge to be a part of my nephew’s life. It’s a dream of mine for my children to be able to play with their cousins. It’s so wonderful! I am truly blessed with what I have.

Yes, I’ve had to give up parts of me and make some sacrifices, but it’s worked out for the best. I’ve lost family and a couple friends, but the ones who were closest and cared for me stayed. I may not have been able to make lemon-aide with what was handed to me, but I can slice ‘em and put ‘em on a beer while reflecting the past 26 years.
**********