Monday, May 16, 2005

Iron Roses

My mind just isn’t working today. I feel like I’m a zombie…a whole pot of coffee and I’m still struggling to keep my eye lids open. You just wait. Come 10pm tonight I bet I’m w-i-d-e awake! It’s always like that.

Talking on the phone with a friend this morning and I realized (not that I didn’t already know) that I am SO lucky to have such a wonderful husband. Yup…lucky!

Some men are controlling and jerks. All me are ass-holes, but you have to take the good with the bad in everybody. Some men are uncaring bastards who aren’t much more than a bump on a log. Some men are cheating bastards who apparently can’t keep their bump to themselves.

My man…he’s just stupid from time to time. I imagine he thinks the same of me on occasion.

Yes, it’s hard to believe, but I can be a stupid bitch from time to time. Yup…stupid! At least there’s a cure for that.

I love that my husband understands that I don’t think in technical terms. If you wanna talk about sickness, health, hospitals, infections, sanitizing, and what ever else along that line…then I’m your gal!

But if you’re talking about hard drives, html, software, uh…and any of those other type things…call my husband. Shit! I broke a computer the first day of my computer science class. I don’t know how I did it, but I’m jinxed when it comes to that kind of stuff. It goes with cars and that kind of thing too.

Now, vacuums I can fix! I’ve had second hand vacuums since I’ve been on my own up till last year when I bought my first NEW vacuum cleaner. No one but I have ever used it! I know. It’s pretty pathetic that I get so excited over a new vacuum cleaner, but…it was my diploma graduating me into WOMAN-dom. (lol…spell check doesn’t know what to do with that one!)

God, what was I talking about anyway?

Oh! Oh yeah, I’ve got a good man. “…a mighty good man…” *singing*

I have a…I’m not going to say friend. Although we used to be….a l-o-n-g time ago. And honestly I don’t know why my best-friend stays in touch with her. Okay, so I know why, but it’s hard to say that you feel sorry for someone when they bring it upon themselves.

This “girl” got herself pregnant to get married to her boy-friend. After they got married…like, a week after they got married one of his other girl-friends calls their house. She had to remind her husband that he should tell the girl that he was married and shouldn’t call.
…They still stay in “contact.”

Then she looses the child, but honestly it’s not a bad thing. She’s a diabetic. She’s been one since she was like 4 and has been in several diabetic comas because she doesn’t take care of herself.
We reminded her…”Have you seen Steel Magnolias?” No kidding folks…some diabetic woman shouldn’t have children. If you’re lucky you’ll just go blind or loose a limb. If you’re not so lucky you’ll die.

Yeah, yeah…for some it’s not so bad and nothing happens. But, “Diabetic Coma”…PEOPLE!

Anyway, she likes to call my friend white trash because they are on food stamps. But, she then gets pissed off because she doesn’t qualify for food stamps.

So does that make her a “wanna-be-white-trash?”

Well, she finally had a kid even though she had several complications. Duh? And she calls it a “little mutha-fucker.” I could slap her, I swear.

We’re white trash, but she has spilled food all over her kitchen floor from weeks and weeks…maybe a month ago. Uh-hu.

And she’s with a cheating-ass husband who bitches at her constantly. CONSTANTLY!

Come on, girl! You made your bed…lay in it.

Why are some women so damn stupid??!!!