Thursday, May 26, 2005

Nose Job for the Vampire

…So I lied to Ho the other day about the book I was reading.

My bad, sorry Ho.

Although, I didn’t lie about the Dune book.
I’ve never read it…and don’t plan on it.
The movies were alright.

What HAVE you been reading then, Boabhan?

Another vampire romance, of course.

Well, actually, it’s four short vampire romances in one book.

So, yes, this is another one of my book reviews.

Okay, so I should’ve guessed by the cover of the book.
“The hotter the guy on the book…the better the book is.”
They guy on this book, well, all he had going for him was the dark hair and the cape.

...I should’ve known.

I would say DON'T buy it.
The first story is worth reading, but you could finish that in the book store.
Then just put the book down...and walk away.

That’s how they get you.
They tempt you with one really very good story and then put crap in the rest of the book.
If they used all of their good stories first I guess they would run out soon.

The book is titled, HIS IMMORTAL EMBRACE.
The first story by Hannah Howell, The Yearning was a wonderful read.
It had sex, it had violence, curses, and a lot of vampire stuff.

The second story I had to make myself read.

The third didn’t even have any vampire stuff in it until the last couple of chapters.
Even then there was no sex until the very end!!
Come on, it’s a damn romance book!

The last was just rather boorish.

I like vampires for several reasons:
-they always make for a great fantasy
-biting is rather sexy
-being carried off as some little damsel in distress is also kinda sexy
-vampires are sexual by nature
-they are wild and do a great bit of fighting

Really I could go on and on.
The first story was the only one to have battles in it.
How can you do a story about vampires without a couple of good fight scenes?

I hate pussy vampires!