Friday, June 17, 2005

It's A Freaky Friday!!!

A Mischievous Ouija Board
Gayla Vickers of Centralia, Ill.



When I was about 25, I had a few friends over and one of them brought a Ouija board. After several minutes of coaxing, I reluctantly decided to let them use it. I had grown to fear Ouija boards because of some very frightening experiences with them in the past. When my friends began, I wouldn't put my fingers on the mover, but it kept circling around stopping and pointing at me. So, I gave in and joined my friends.

We connected with a spirit, but the air was alive with some form of heavy, dreadful energy that made us all very uncomfortable. I asked if it was an evil or good spirit. It spelled out good, but we could feel that it was not. So, I asked, "Are you a liar?" And it replied, "Yes!"

At that point, the hair on the back of our necks was standing on end and we all had goose bumps. The evil energy could be felt throughout the room. I finally said, "That's enough. I want this thing out of here." Needless to say, our little party was over. All of us just wanted to get out of there. After carefully locking my doors, I went to my parents' house to spend the night.

I spent two nights there before I could muster enough courage to go back home. When I finally returned, my doors were still locked, but inside there were all kinds of bizarre things awry. The cups we had been drinking from were turned upside down and lined up on the top of my curtain rods. My refrigerator had been turned off and everything in the freezer was thawing. Every light in the house had been turned on including the basement lights. My air conditioner was on at the lowest temperature. My clock radio was playing, and there were several more small things out of place.

At that point I packed a suitcase and went back to my parents' house. After a few days, I talked my brother into staying with me until I could get enough nerve to stay there alone. Everything went well, the evil energy had left and I had no more occurrences.

This instance was only one of many encounters I've had using the Ouija board. I have not, nor will I ever, touch a Ouija board again.

it's not pictionary