Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What Would You Do?

Alright, so I’m shirking my blogging responsibilities. You can give me the lecture later.

I feel like a rant…not just any rant, but a personal one.
When do you officially call it quits?
When do you admit that it’s over?
When do you leave?

I have a friend (I’m not going to mention names, but she’ll know who I’m talking about when she reads this) who is going through some ruff times. The man she loves and has married is shirking his responsibilities as a husband. No he’s not cheating on her. He’s being a total ass.

I know, now you’re saying, “So what? All men are assess!”

Yes, yes, she knows that and I am certainly aware. All men are an ass to one degree to another, but this man has taken it to the next level.

I’ll try to be brief.

When you ask the man that you love completely and totally with all of your heart and he tells you that he only loves you half as much as he used to…what do you do?

When you’ve given the relationship 110% and he only puts in about 30%...what is the last straw?

Marriage is for better and worse, but when they’re not willing to go through the worse times with you…does that mean that you should cut your losses?

When the man you love cuts your self-esteem down to a tiny sliver…Do you stay with them?

When this has all been discussed and they decided that they were in the wrong and will make some changes, but then when you go back…not even two weeks later they do it again…is it safe to say that he’s not going to change?

When do you decide that you deserve better than what you’ve got and go…when that part that still loves him has your stomach in knots?

I say to go and cut your losses now. If he thinks it’s worth saving then he needs to make the effort because you’ve drained yourself dry from giving without receiving anything in return. No man is worth your self-esteem. It’s not worth walking around on egg shells waiting for him to snap again.

Yet, I am not the person to make this decision and it’s a hard one to make.

Yeah, if it were me, even with my kids…I’d kick him to the curb.

Desperately seeking advice…what would you do?