Saturday, October 30, 2004

...Sex Change, maybe?

Some times, just some times, I wish I could be a man.
There are things that they can get away with that are mind boggling.
Perfect example:
It's after 3am. Yes, I am still up and I'm waiting for this last batch of cookies to finish baking before I call it a night. Not that anyone really care but, I am up because I have fifty billion things to do before I can take the kids Trick-or-Treating and watch scary movies with a nice drink tomorrow night.
"Baby, I could really use some help tonight with preparations."--Me
"Okay...Like what?"--my vampire
"Well, I've got to carve that last pumpkin and the pumpkin in which I'm putting the snack mix, I have to bake the cake tonight so I can put it in the freezer for the night (that makes decorating the cake a breeze...Little tip there), I have to bake the cookies tonight, I've got to make the stuffed peppers tonight, there were a few other things that I can't recall at this point..."--Me
"Well, if it involves the kitchen then I'm not up for it."--the bastard
"So, you answer is no, then."--Me
"Well...Yeah, I guess it is."--asshole
"Well, I have an idea. I'm going to go get you a small table in which you can sit on your ass and watch TV while carving me some pumpkins. Sound like a winner?"--Me
"Lovely."--the defeated

Some one pass me a power tool...This woman is liberating herself....LOL!